Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Some Quotes - Part 1

Some beautiful quotes which I really like...

I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble - John Wayne .

Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence - Pope John Paul II.

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you - Carl Sandburg

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness - The Dalia Lama.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for - Allan K. Chalmers.

Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and small people talk about people - Fran Lebowitz.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Be strong and you will overcome every disappointment and personal tragedy. Persist with confidence that no feeling of pain, frustration or despair can withstand the sustained power of your will to be happy - Author Unknown.

No comments: